Friday, January 07, 2011

handmade Christmas gifts

It's always the debate in my mind whether handmade gifts are a cheesy cheap route to go, or if other people value receiving them like I do. Due to my indecisiveness, some people get store bought gifts and some get gifts handmade by yours truly. There's just something about spending time to plan a project, and create something with your heart and own two hands for someone in particular that I think is super special.
Time to craft was short due to the fact that we got home from Kenya and wrapped up our bible school on December 11th. Nevertheless, here are a few of the projects I made this year for Christmas gifts:

little owl crinkle toy (have you seen those squares of fabric with the crinkly paper inside that makes noise when babies play with them? this is the same idea, but shaped like a sweet little owl)

a beanie with a flower on it for my niece (yikes! it's the best picture I got of it)two play tents (most time consuming yet rewarding. my 3 year old niece and nephew loved them and wanted to take all the new toys they opened thereafter into their tent. BONUS for the parents: they're all fabric except for the removable hoola hoop that gives the top structure, so they are super easy to store)a little hairclip:

No comments: